Nov 29 - Dec 5, 2015
Nov 29 - Dec 5, 2015
TASTINGS & TREATMENTS - Join us at a stylish hotel in Florence to recharge during the hectic holiday season! Renew with healthy TASTINGS and luxurious spa TREATMENTS!
GIVE BACK RETREAT
This retreat is part of our GIVE BACK initiative, where EPM will donate at least 10% of profits to a humanitarian partner in the community where each retreat is held. During this holiday season, we will be donating to the Banco Alimentare, Italy's Food Bank, which distributes surplus food to 8,673 charitable organizations across the country that provide food assistance to more than 1.7 million poor and marginalized people.
THE DESIGN HOTEL
This fantastic yoga retreat will take place at the fabulous Riva Lofts, situated along the Arno "rive gauche", just opposite the historic Parco delle Cascine, which is reached by a short walk through a tranquil public garden along the banks. A historic mill on Florence's Arno river, transformed by a top Italian architect into 10 cool studios with fantastic garden and pool.
Revered Italian architect, Claudio Nardi who has created flagship stores for Dolce & Gabbana among others, has now transformed his own Florentine riverside studio into an avant-garde showpiece of 10 stunning studios. No two are the same, but all are awash with bold contemporary design: polished concrete floors and muted colors, flea market furniture and Mies van der Rohe chairs, sleek fireplaces and tables designed by Nardi himself. Period stone walls and arched windows share time with concrete floors and modern additions in glass and metal, just as contemporary artworks and antique mirrors and chairs coexist peacefully with sleek designer furniture and the absolute latest in lighting and bathroom fixtures. It’s a bit like a photo shoot for a high-end design catalog, albeit a pretty livable one — all suites have private entrances, all but one have kitchens, and a few have private terraces or views across the river toward the Parco delle Cascine or Brunelleschi’s Cupola.
And along with all this private space in the suites, there’s a generous helping of common space as well, from the sitting room, lined with bookshelves and warmed by a stone fireplace, to the white sandstone swimming pool at the center of the courtyard garden.
Healthful, vegetarian food is part of the retreat experience, including breakfast and dinner daily either hosted at the hotel or out on daytrips, as well as a champagne brunch! The cuisine ranges from the traditional Tuscan to unique international using fresh ingredients from the on-site organic gardens or local markets. Selection is seasonal, and you can guarantee to love and appreciate each bite.
Plus, on this Tastings+Treatments retreat there is an aperitivo welcome reception, cooking demo, various tastings from wine to olive oil to chocolate, meals at amazing restaurants in the area and a custom menu for the retreat by the chef at EAST, the kitchens at Riva.
Guests will not only enjoy the grounds of Riva Lofts, the outdoor areas including a lovely pool, patio, private terraces, and yoga room, but the retreat includes some amazing day-trips to the surrounding sites. A guided tour of Florence will lead guests through an introduction to the sites as well as some hidden, stylish gems that the city has to offer.
A full day will be spent exploring the nearby area of Montepulciano including a thermal spa and then a winery tour in the town. An afternoon and evening will be spent in nearby Siena after another visit to a luxurious spa just outside the city. There will be plenty of time to explore our hometown for the week of Florence - the Renaissance city filled with priceless masterpieces and rich history.
Daily meditation and yoga classes will be offered in a way to relax, stimulate, and help guests grow in their own personal practice. Classes are open to all levels, beginner to practiced, and can range from gentle, restorative, and more vigorous vinyasa flow and ashtanga styles.* Style and class levels will be determined and moulded to fit participating students' needs, and with a small intimate retreat class size, students will be able to get personalized attention and comfortability to deeply explore their practice. Depending on each retreat location, classes will be held in a dedicated indoor yoga space and some also offer outdoor options as well for us to use if the weather is agreeable.
Certified yoga instructor and EPM founder, Erin Lewis, will facilitate the classes, helping each student focus on improving their practice and gaining new insights into their bodies and movements. She's studied various types of yoga disciplines since 1998, concentrating on the Ashtanga discipline since 2008. She received her teacher certification in Florence, Italy and has continued her education with various specialty certifications throughout the years. She now combines powerful movements with more anatomical-based core vinyasa flow and restorative movement in her personal practice and teaching style.
- * Participation in classes and activities is optional throughout the retreat. All levels welcome!
DETAILS / PRICING
- 7 days / 6 nights (November 29 - December 5, 2015)
- Inclusive Retreat Price = $2,500
- Deposit to hold space = $900
- Max # Guests = 12
- * Prices based on shared occupancy. Single supplement available upon request.
- ** Final balance due 45 days before retreat start date.
- Read full cancellation policy in our Terms & Conditions.
- Design hotel accommodation (spacious bedrooms each with private bathrooms, linens)
- Daily Breakfast at hotel
- Daily Dinner at hotel or on day trips
- Champagne Brunch
- Welcome Aperitivo
- Cooking Demo, Tasting Menu + Wine Pairing
- Beverages - including wine, cocktails
- Transportation during the week to activities and day trips
- Transportation to/from day trips
- Daily meditation and yoga classes (mats provided)
- Use of estate premises (terraces, pool, etc.)
- Tour guide on various day trips
- Multiple spa treatments throughout the week
- Thermal pool day trip
- Various tastings (Wine, Cheese, Olive Oil, Chocolate)
- Tour of sites in Florence
- Visit to Siena
- Winery tour and tasting in Montepulciano
* airfare not included ** all meals are vegetarian. special dietary restrictions can be accommodated
- Guided tour of sites in Florence + cooking demo
- Visit to thermal spa with wine treatments + day trip to winery and wine tasting in Montepulciano
- Bike ride to the countryside in Chianti for tastings + meal
- Spa day with treatments + evening in Siena with a tasting dinner
- Day spa visit in Florence with treatments + chocolate tasting
Nearest airports: Florence Peretola (FLR), Pisa Galileo Galilei (PSA), Rome Fiumicino (FCO) Nearest train station: Florence Santa Maria Novella (SMN) Transfers between airport or train station are easy and hotel is reachable by cab from Florence locations. We will help guests arrange all the details of arrivals / departures.
Besides the basic packing and travel needs, here are a few things to think about bringing with you.
- Yoga mats are provided
- Any personal yoga prop you require
- Bathing suit (on-site pool, spa)
- Layers of clothing for weather changes
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Plug adaptors / converters