August 9-15, 2015
August 9-15, 2015
Enjoy the summer in the land of FIRE & ICE on this magical Icelandic adventure!
GIVE BACK RETREAT
This retreat is part of our GIVE BACK initiative, where EPM will donate at least 10% of profits to a humanitarian partner in the community where each retreat is held. Our partner in Iceland is Icelandair's SPECIAL CHILDREN TRAVEL FUND which helps chronically ill and disadvantaged children realize their dream journeys!
Our home for the week will be an exploration through various locations in Iceland's southwest region. This will allow guests the opportunity to experience different areas of this country's most unique landscape! Our first stop will be in the hub of the Icelandic culture and capital city of Reykjavik. We'll stay at a beautiful boutique spa hotel in the center and get a wonderful relaxing welcome to this amazing country where we'll have front row seats to the food, art, and history of the "land of fire and ice" before going deeper into the country and landscape on the days to follow.
Next we travel to a nearby the award-winning Ion Luxury Adventure Hotel, located less than an hour’s drive from Reykjavík and set against a backdrop of majestic mountainous lava fields. ION’s location by the “Golden Circle” route makes it the perfect base from which to explore Iceland’s rich heritage, hardy flora and fauna, and myriad opportunities for extreme adventure. Close to Thingvellir National Park (a UNESCO World Heritage Site), ION provides us easy access to all the essential attractions of “the land of fire and ice”. Their luxurious rooms, exquisite Silfra Restaurant, award-winning Northern Lights bar, the awesome Lava Spa and the magnificent landscape that stretches out to the horizon wherever you look provides calm and good service so you can recharge, reflect and rejoice. ION recently was granted the acclaimed Boutique Hotel Awards in the sustainability category. Finally, we will conclude our Icelandic adventure at the world-famous Blue Lagoon's own Clinic Hotel, set in the heart of a stunning lava landscape. This design hotel offers its own private bathing lagoon, available only to guests. Built in harmony with the surrounding landscape, it offers an oasis of calm, relaxation and healing.
Healthful, vegetarian food is part of the retreat experience, including breakfast and dinner daily, as well as selected lunches. We've carefully chosen delicious and fresh meals from renowned restaurants and chefs which will give guests an expansive experience of the cuisine. Our dinners will include a few multi-course tasting menus with wine pairings.
Our day trips will allow us to experience the many unique landscapes and activities that this area has to offer. We will take a tour through Iceland's famous Golden Circle which will include the three primary stops on the route: the national park Þingvellir, the waterfall Gullfoss (meaning "golden falls"), and the geothermally active valley of Haukadalur, which contains the geysers Geysir and Strokkur. Though Geysir has been inactive for a long time, Strokkur, on the other hand, continues to erupt at every 5-10 minutes interval. We will also spend a day in the captial city of Reykjavik to explore some sites, take a walking tour, had have some free-time to shop, see more of the Icelandic design, or relax before our dinner in town! A day in the village of Hveragerði will allow guests to see more of this thermal water captial and even visit various sites and thermal parks. And a trip to Iceland wouldn't be complete without a day at the Blue Lagoon with its healing waters, silica masks, unparalleled views, and overall spa experience!
Daily meditation and yoga classes will be offered in a way to relax, stimulate, and help guests grow in their own personal practice. Classes are open to all levels, beginner to practiced, and can range from gentle, restorative, and more vigorous vinyasa flow and ashtanga styles.* Style and class levels will be determined and moulded to fit participating students' needs, and with a small intimate retreat class size, students will be able to get personalized attention and comfortability to deeply explore their practice. Depending on each retreat location, classes will be held in a dedicated indoor yoga space and some also offer outdoor options as well for us to use if the weather is agreeable.
Certified yoga instructor and EPM founder, Erin Lewis, will facilitate the classes, helping each student focus on improving their practice and gaining new insights into their bodies and movements. She's studied various types of yoga disciplines since 1998, concentrating on the Ashtanga discipline since 2008. She received her teacher certification in Florence, Italy and has continued her education with various specialty certifications throughout the years. She now combines powerful movements with more anatomical-based core vinyasa flow and restorative movement in her personal practice and teaching style.
- * Participation in classes and activities is optional throughout the retreat. All levels welcome!
DETAILS / PRICING
- 7 days / 6 nights (August 9 - 15, 2015)
- Inclusive Retreat Price = $3,100
- Deposit to hold space = $900
- Max # Guests = 8
- * Prices based on shared occupancy. Single supplement available upon request.
- ** Final balance due 45 days before retreat start date.
- Read full cancellation policy in our Terms & Conditions.
- Hotel accommodation (spacious bedrooms each with private bathrooms, linens)
- Daily Breakfast and Dinner
- Selected lunches
- Airport Transfers
- Transportation to/from day trips
- Daily meditation and yoga classes
- Use of hotel amenities (pools, spas, etc.)
- Tour guide on various day trips
- Welcome Reception
- Tasting menu dinner + wine pairings
- Entrance fees to Blue Lagoon
- Tour of Golden Circle
- Sites and tour on Reykjavik day trip
- * airfare not included
- ** all meals are vegetarian. special dietary restrictions can be accommodated
- Guided Tour of Golden Circle (Geysir, Gullfoss, Thingvellir National Park)
- Day in Reykjavik (sites, dinner, shopping, freetime, walking tour)
- Tour of Iceland's Southern Shore with waterfalls, natural wonders, and more.
- Day at Blue Lagoon
- Visit to Hveragerði village and thermal spa
- Airport = Keflavik Airport (KEF), Reykjavik's major international airport
- Transfers will be provided to/from airport on start and end of retreat
Besides the basic packing and travel needs, here are a few things to think about bringing with you.
- Bathing suit (on-site pool, spa)
- Yoga clothes
- Yoga mat
- Personal yoga props (blocks, straps, etc.)
- Plug adaptors / converters
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Rain jacket