May 25 - 31, 2014
May 25 - 31, 2014
Escape to the rolling hills of Provence in southern France with us to enjoy a week of yoga, tastes of French cuisine, spa experiences, day trips to nearby villages and even the famous Cote d'Azur and Porquerolles Island, and plenty of R & R!
This yoga retreat will take place at the beautiful villa of Bastide Avellanne. The Bastide is a charming fortified Provencal demure dating back to 17th century. Totally refurbished in 2011 it welcomes you with spacious light rooms in country style, all with modern en-suite bathrooms and independent apartments with every comfort.
In the Bastide you will find a vast air conditioned lounge with old leather sofas, a stone chimney, exposed beams and a bar, a dining room in the veranda overlooking the garden and a workshop-come-meeting room close to the pool.
Surrounded by vineyards Bastide Avellanne is set in a private park of 3 hectares, where the colours of the olive trees and centuries old oaks blend with the perfumes of lavender and rosemary, creating a small mediterranean paradise in where you will find a heated swimming pool and summer bar, giant chess, tennis and petanque courts.
Healthful, vegetarian food is part of the retreat experience, including breakfasts and dinners daily, as well as selected lunches. Enjoy cuisine which combines creativity and flavours with a special attention to creating balanced meals. Wholesome ingredients, freshness of the foods, cooking times and methods are present in every meal you will enjoy at the Bastide. Meals will be enjoyed on the terrace in the shade of the oak trees, or served by candlelight under the pergola or in the veranda. We'll feast on traditional flavours of Provence mixed with the French, Italian and Mediterranean styles as well. Plus, throughout the week we'll have a chance to sample many regional wines, aperitifs, and other tastes such as cheeses and various other specialties.
Guests will not only enjoy the villa and encompassing estate, but also the richness of the French cities and villages from the hills to the coast.
Bastide Avellanne is the ideal location to visit Provence. Situated only 30 minutes from the sea and from the Cote D'Azur between Cannes, St Tropez and Hyeres, with its hundreds of kilometers of white beaches, rocky capes and wild bays is considered the most beautiful coastline of France - 300 kilometers of coast accompanying the Mediterranean Sea, white sandy beaches, a preserved landscape, protected islands and famous locations renowned worldwide. It looks just as you see in postcards, fields of lavender, medieval villages, chateaux, markets full of colours where you can find local products and exotic spices, lively small towns with a slow way of life.
Day trips will allow guests to add arts, culture, adventure, and natural beauty to their retreat experience. Trips may include visits to small villages, large cities, and outdoor activities, even a gorgeous spa day in near the Cote D'Azur where guests can swim, enjoy a healthy lunch, schedule spa treatments, or simply enjoy the sun. See smaller villages that few tourists go, and get a true education and taste of France with various tastings of regional wines, aperitifs and cheeses.
One full day will be spent on the French Riviera on the island of Porquerolles. Also, we will take a trip to the famous city of Aix-en-Provence. You'll enjoy a true Provencal experience with the markets, food, culture, and sites.
Daily meditation and yoga classes will be offered in a way to relax, stimulate, and help guests grow in their own personal practice. Classes are open to all levels, beginner to practiced, and can range from gentle, restorative, and more vigorous vinyasa flow and ashtanga styles.* Style and class levels will be determined and moulded to fit participating students' needs, and with a small intimate retreat class size, students will be able to get personalized attention and comfortability to deeply explore their practice. Depending on each retreat location, classes will be held in a dedicated indoor yoga space and some also offer outdoor options as well for us to use if the weather is agreeable.
Certified yoga instructor and EPM founder, Erin Lewis, will facilitate the classes, helping each student focus on improving their practice and gaining new insights into their bodies and movements. She's studied various types of yoga disciplines since 1998, concentrating on the Ashtanga discipline since 2008. She received her teacher certification in Florence, Italy and has continued her education with various specialty certifications throughout the years. She now combines powerful movements with more anatomical-based core vinyasa flow and restorative movement in her personal practice and teaching style.
* Participation in classes and activities is optional throughout the retreat. All levels welcome!
DETAILS / PRICING
- 7 days / 6 nights (May 25 - 31, 2014)
- Inclusive Retreat Price = $2,550
- Deposit to hold space = $900
- Max # Guests = 12
- * Prices based on shared occupancy. Single supplement available upon request.
- ** Final balance due 45 days before retreat start date.
- Read full cancellation policy in our Terms & Conditions.
- Villa accommodation (spacious bedrooms, private bathrooms, linens)
- Daily Breakfast
- Daily Dinner (at Villa and restaurants)
- Lunch on selected days
- Welcome cocktail party
- Transportation to/from day trips
- Ferry to Porquerolles Island
- Bike rental to nearby village market
- Daily meditation and yoga classes
- Use of estate premises (hiking trails, pool, art room, etc.)
- Wine, Aperitif, Cheese Tasting
- Spa day
- Day trips + entrance fees
- Tips & Taxes
* airfare not included ** all meals are vegetarian. special dietary restrictions can be accommodated
- Spa Day
- Countryside tour + bike ride to village market
- Provencal Tasting Tour (explore the special nuances of different wines, aperitifs, and cheeses in the French diet)
- Porquerolles Island + ferry
- Town: Besse sur Issole
- Nearest airport: Marseilles (MRS) and Nice (NCE)
- Possible to do easy train connection to region from Paris
- Nearest major TGV train station: Aix-en-Provence
- Transfers between Villa and Brigoles bus station (which offers transfers to airport or Aix) can be arranged on first and last day of retreat. Train and bus transfer from all airports is quite easy, and we can help guide you on the directions.
Besides the basic packing and travel needs, here are a few things to think about bringing with you.
- Bathing suit (on-site pool, spa)
- Comfortable shoes (city walking, country hiking)
- Yoga clothes
- Personal yoga props
- Sweat towels for practice
- Plug adaptors / converters
- Casual clothing, layer for various weather