July 5-10, 2015
July 5-10, 2015
FIVE SENSES RETREAT - Join us for our annual special event, the "Five Senses Yoga Retreat" where we explore each of the five senses in the heart of Florence, Italy!
Join us in Florence, Italy for an exciting annual event of adventure for the FIVE SENSES. Erin Lewis (based in NYC, founder of EAT.PRAY.MOVE Yoga Retreats) and Shari Hochberg (based in Florence, founder of Sole Yoga Holidays) met in Florence in 2010, and instantly bonded over their love of art, fashion, gelato and of course, yoga. They are now so excited to offer this yoga retreat - unlike any other, which will give guests an unforgettable experience of the Renaissance City of Firenze - it's art, history, fashion, and food - along with daily yoga, meditation and unique activities for the senses.
This five day retreat will concentrate on one of the senses per day. Join us in Florence, Italy for an adventure for the FIVE SENSES. We will SEE the sites of this amazing city on a walking tour through hidden and "behind-the-scenes" looks at artisan workshops, famous art works, and more. Next, we learn to FEEL our bodies more with a biking tour through the Chianti and Tuscan hillsides - sun on our shoulders, wind in our hair, and wine on our tongues. Then it's time to SMELL the scents of an aromatherapy massage at a day at the spa, next to an aromatic garden and then a visit to a Florentine perfumery where we learn to create custom essences before learning to smell the 'notes' of a special aromatic dinner! Then we HEAR the sounds of the city from a meditative walk, a visit to a hilltop church with Gregorian chants sung by the monks at sunset, and a Florentine musical experience. Lastly, we can't experience Italy without the TASTE of the Tuscan cuisine. Our week will end with a market tour to choose ingredients for a traditional Tuscany lunch and wine tasting before it's "a dopo! (until next time!) “We love what we do. And we are so thrilled to share this memorable experience with you.” –Erin and Shari, Creators of Five Senses Yoga Retreat
FIND FULL DETAILS AND SIGN UP at www.fivesensesyogaretreat.com
There are many options for your stay in Florence, whether it be in a shared apartment or luxury hotel, here are several suggestions below and feel free to contact us for assistance in finding your perfect home for the week! The city center is very walkable and so no matter what location you choose in the centro, you'll be close enough to our daily meeting points. To keep the options open for those who may be traveling with family, visiting friends in the city, or perhaps like to have your own space, we've offered the price of the retreat separately from lodging if you choose.
DETAILS / PRICING
- 6 days / 5 nights (July 5 - 10, 2015)
- Inclusive Retreat Price = $1,750
- Deposit to hold space = $630
- Max # Guests = 10
- * Prices based on shared occupancy. Single supplement available upon request.
- ** Final balance due 45 days before retreat start date.
- Read full cancellation policy in our Terms & Conditions.
Daily yoga + meditation classes
- Monday - SEE the sites of this amazing city on a walking tour through hidden and "behind-the-scenes" looks at artisan workshops, famous art works, and more.
- Tuesday - FEEL our bodies work with a biking tour through the Chianti and Tuscan hillsides - sun on our shoulders, wind in our hair, and wine on our tongues.
- Wednesday - SMELL the scents of an aromatherapy massage at a day at the spa, next to an aromatic garden and then a visit to a Florentine perfumery where we learn to create custom essences before learning to smell the 'notes' of an aromatic dinner!
- Thursday - HEAR the sounds of the city from a meditative walk, a visit to a hilltop church with Gregorian chants sung by the monks at sunset, and a music-filled event.
- Friday - TASTE the Tuscan cuisine with a market tour and farewell lunch and wine tasting. /*This city retreat includes daily walking to daytrips and activities. Guests are recommended to bring comfortable walking shoes. Florence is a very walkable city, and we will be leading the group between activities, but guests are welcome to meet us throughout the day if they'd rather take taxis or public transportation.
- Daily yoga and meditation classes in various locales around the city
- Lunch + Dinner or Aperitivo Daily
- Spa Day with treatment and pools
- Wine Tasting
- City walking tour
- Artisan workshop visits
- Visit to current Florentine exhibition
- Perfumerie visit and presentation
- Custom perfume creation
- Tuscan Biking Day in Chianti with Winery Tour
- Florentine musical exploration
- Market guided tour
* Airfare and lodging not included.