May 15-21, 2016
May 15-21, 2016
MINDFUL MOVEMENT: We're returning to Croatia for a 'Mindful Movement' week on the gorgeous Adriatic with wine tastings, spa, and blue waters!
This yoga retreat will take place at the beautiful historic villa , named Zamagna in the bay of Zaton just outside of Dubrovnik. This 400-year-old stone summer house, was one of the first such homes of its kind in quiet Zaton Bay where the aristocracy of old Dubrovnik came to retreat for the summer months. For many years this particular villa has been passed down through the same family line and is opening its doors to receive guests. It's a unique look into the history of Dubrovnik and its beautiful people.
The venerable stone guest house at water's edge enjoys a peaceful location on the quiet bay against a backdrop of steep, rocky hills and cultivated terraces. The residence is set among an exquisite garden with vine-covered trellises, carefully designed to showcase a variety of colorful blooming flowers and fragrant herbs, fruits, and vegetables. A small chapel nearby is part of the residence, donated by the ancestors of the Zamagna family to the local community and still in use for church ceremonies.
Inside the villa the original design and look of the main rooms and salon were preserved, while the rest of the house was recently completely renovated, including all the guestrooms, to a more modern style. Rooms are spacious, and enjoy views towards the garden or the bay, with wooden furniture, private bathrooms, and fresh linens.
Healthful, vegetarian food is part of the retreat experience, including breakfasts and dinners daily, as well as selected lunches. Enjoy cuisine which combines creativity and flavors with a special attention to creating balanced meals. Wholesome ingredients, freshness of the foods, traditional cooking methods and local ingredients are present in every meal you will enjoy at the villa. Meals will be enjoyed on the salon or in the shade of the outdoor veranda. We'll feast on traditional flavors of Croatia mixed with Mediterranean styles as well. Plus, throughout the week we'll have a chance to sample many regional wines, aperitifs, and other tastes such as cheeses and various other specialties.
Guests will not only enjoy the villa and encompassing estate, but also the beauty of the bay, ocean, and nearby towns including Dubrovnik.
Zaton Bay is a perfect location to retreat and get away from the day-to-day. Located just minutes away from the bustling excitement of the city of Dubrovnik and it's Old Town, the bay allows for a more quiet repose to enjoy the natural beauty, the waters, mountains, and vistas. Everyday we'll get to experience new sites, sounds, tastes, and experiences of the region and Croatian culture.
Day trips will allow guests to add arts, culture, adventure, and natural beauty to their retreat experience. Trips may include visits to towns and small villages in the region, as well as outdoor activities. A gorgeous spa day is included where guests can swim, lounge at the spa facilities overlooking the ocean and mountains, enjoy spa treatments, or simply enjoy the sun. See smaller villages that few tourists go, and get a true education and taste of Croatia with various tastings of regional wines, aperitifs and cheeses.
Daily meditation and yoga classes will be offered in a way to relax, stimulate, and help guests grow in their own personal practice. Classes are open to all levels, beginner to practiced, and can range from gentle, restorative, and more vigorous vinyasa flow and ashtanga styles.* Style and class levels will be determined and moulded to fit participating students' needs, and with a small intimate retreat class size, students will be able to get personalized attention and comfortability to deeply explore their practice. Depending on each retreat location, classes will be held in a dedicated indoor yoga space and some also offer outdoor options as well for us to use if the weather is agreeable. During “Mindful Movement” retreats, there will be an emphasis on deepening the meditation practice throughout the week with various techniques being introduced.
“Mindful Movement” retreats will be facilitated by EPM’s collaborator, Jen Carter. Jen holds advanced yoga and meditation instructor certifications from New York City yoga studios Pure Yoga, Yoga Vida, and It’s Yoga based in San Francisco. She also maintains a daily meditation practice, and she views her purpose in life is to share the beauty and ease of that practice. Jen’s classes are crafted to challenge her students but also to make it easy for them to incorporate both asana and meditation into their daily lives back at home. She sees EAT.PRAY.MOVE as an amazing opportunity to explore new lands and culture while simultaneously exploring new levels within.
- * Participation in classes and activities is optional throughout the retreat. All levels welcome!
DETAILS / PRICING
- 7 days / 6 nights (May 15 - 21, 2016)
- Inclusive Retreat Price = $2,450 (Shared occupancy, 2 twin beds), $2900 (Single room), $2300 (Shared bed, per person)
- Deposit to hold space = $900
- Max # Guests = 12
- ** Final balance due 45 days before retreat start date.
- Read full cancellation policy in our Terms & Conditions.
- Villa accommodation (spacious bedrooms, private bathrooms, linens)
- Daily Breakfast
- Daily Dinner (at Villa and restaurants)
- Lunch on selected days
- Champaign Brunch
- Use of estate premises and garden
- Daily meditation and yoga classes
- Transportation to/from day trips (some airport transfers possible)
- Welcome cocktail
- Guided tour of Dubronik Old Town
- Ferry to Lokrum Island
- Visit to Peljesac Peninsula with vineyards
- Wine, Aperitif, Cheese Tasting
- Botanial garden visit
- Tasting menu at Croatian restaurant
- Aperitif in Dubrovnik at sunset
- Half-day rental of Kayak or Paddleboard
- Spa day with treatment
- Day trips + entrance fees
- * airfare not included
- ** all meals are vegetarian. special dietary restrictions can be accommodated
- Dubrovnik Old Town
- Lokrum Island
- Peljesac Peninsula
- Wine Tasting + Vineyard visit
- Spa Day
- Location: Zaton Bay, Dubrovnik
- Nearest town: Dubrovnik
- Nearest airport: Dubrovnik (Cilipi) Airport, DBV
- Transfers between the villa and Dubrovnik airport can be arranged on first and last day of retreat
Besides the basic packing and travel needs, here are a few things to think about bringing with you.
- Bathing suit (bay activities, beach, spa)
- Comfortable shoes
- Yoga clothes *YOGA MATS PROVIDED*
- Personal yoga props
- Plug adaptors / converters
- Insect repellant
- Casual clothing, layer for various weather