June 1-7, 2014
June 1-7, 2014
The wait is over - come explore the jewel of the Adriatic with us in June. Exquisite sea, island treks, Dubrovnik old city tour, wine tastings, spa day + MORE!
This yoga retreat will take place at the beautiful historic villa , named Zamagna in the bay of Zaton just outside of Dubrovnik. This 400-year-old stone summer house, was one of the first such homes of its kind in quiet Zaton Bay where the aristocracy of old Dubrovnik came to retreat for the summer months. For many years this particular villa has been passed down through the same family line and is opening its doors to receive guests. It's a unique look into the history of Dubrovnik and its beautiful people.
The venerable stone guest house at water's edge enjoys a peaceful location on the quiet bay against a backdrop of steep, rocky hills and cultivated terraces. The residence is set among an exquisite garden with vine-covered trellises, carefully designed to showcase a variety of colorful blooming flowers and fragrant herbs, fruits, and vegetables. A small chapel nearby is part of the residence, donated by the ancestors of the Zamagna family to the local community and still in use for church ceremonies.
Inside the villa the original design and look of the main rooms and salon were preserved, while the rest of the house was recently completely renovated, including all the guestrooms, to a more modern style. Rooms are spacious, and enjoy views towards the garden or the bay, with wooden furniture, private bathrooms, and fresh linens.
Healthful, vegetarian food is part of the retreat experience, including breakfasts and dinners daily, as well as selected lunches. Enjoy cuisine which combines creativity and flavors with a special attention to creating balanced meals. Wholesome ingredients, freshness of the foods, traditional cooking methods and local ingredients are present in every meal you will enjoy at the villa. Meals will be enjoyed on the salon or in the shade of the outdoor veranda. We'll feast on traditional flavors of Croatia mixed with Mediterranean styles as well. Plus, throughout the week we'll have a chance to sample many regional wines, aperitifs, and other tastes such as cheeses and various other specialties.
Guests will not only enjoy the villa and encompassing estate, but also the beauty of the bay, ocean, and nearby towns including Dubrovnik.
Zaton Bay is a perfect location to retreat and get away from the day-to-day. Located just minutes away from the bustling excitement of the city of Dubrovnik and it's Old Town, the bay allows for a more quiet repose to enjoy the natural beauty, the waters, mountains, and vistas. Everyday we'll get to experience new sites, sounds, tastes, and experiences of the region and Croatian culture.
Day trips will allow guests to add arts, culture, adventure, and natural beauty to their retreat experience. Trips may include visits to towns and small villages in the region, as well as outdoor activities. A gorgeous spa day is included where guests can swim, lounge at the spa facilities overlooking the ocean and mountains, enjoy spa treatments, or simply enjoy the sun. See smaller villages that few tourists go, and get a true education and taste of Croatia with various tastings of regional wines, aperitifs and cheeses.
Daily meditation and yoga classes will be offered in a way to relax, stimulate, and help guests grow in their own personal practice. Classes are open to all levels, beginner to practiced, and can range from gentle, restorative, and more vigorous vinyasa flow and ashtanga styles.* Style and class levels will be determined and moulded to fit participating students' needs, and with a small intimate retreat class size, students will be able to get personalized attention and comfortability to deeply explore their practice. Depending on each retreat location, classes will be held in a dedicated indoor yoga space and some also offer outdoor options as well for us to use if the weather is agreeable.
Certified yoga instructor and EPM founder, Erin Lewis, will facilitate the classes, helping each student focus on improving their practice and gaining new insights into their bodies and movements. She's studied various types of yoga disciplines since 1998, concentrating on the Ashtanga discipline since 2008. She received her teacher certification in Florence, Italy and has continued her education with various specialty certifications throughout the years. She now combines powerful movements with more anatomical-based core vinyasa flow and restorative movement in her personal practice and teaching style.
* Participation in classes and activities is optional throughout the retreat. All levels welcome!
DETAILS / PRICING
- 7 days / 6 nights (June 1 - 7, 2014)
- Inclusive Retreat Price = $1,900
- Deposit to hold space = $800
- Max # Guests = 12
- * Prices based on shared occupancy. Single supplement available upon request.
- ** Final balance due 45 days before retreat start date.
- Read full cancellation policy in our Terms & Conditions.
- Villa accommodation (spacious bedrooms, private bathrooms, linens)
- Daily Breakfast
- Daily Dinner (at Villa and restaurants)
- Lunch on selected days
- Champaign Brunch
- Use of estate premises and garden
- Daily meditation and yoga classes
- Transportation to/from day trips (some airport transfers possible)
- Welcome cocktail
- Guided tour of Dubronik Old Town
- Ferry to Lopud Island
- Visit to Konavle region with vineyards
- Wine, Aperitif, Cheese Tasting
- Horseback rides
- Tasting menu at Croatian restaurant
- Aperitif in Dubrovnik at sunset
- Half-day rental of Kayak or Paddleboard
- Spa day with treatment
- Day trips + entrance fees
- * airfare not included
- ** all meals are vegetarian. special dietary restrictions can be accommodated
- Dubrovnik Old Town
- Lopud Island + ferry
- Konavle Region
- Wine Tasting + Vineyard visit
- Spa Day
- Location: Zaton Bay, Dubrovnik
- Nearest town: Dubrovnik
- Nearest airport: Dubrovnik (Cilipi) Airport, DBV
- Transfers between the villa and Dubrovnik airport can be arranged on first and last day of retreat
Besides the basic packing and travel needs, here are a few things to think about bringing with you.
- Bathing suit (bay activities, beach, spa)
- Comfortable shoes
- Yoga clothes
- Yoga mat
- Personal yoga props
- Sweat towels for practice
- Plug adaptors / converters
- Insect repellant
- Casual clothing, layer for various weather