Dec 28, 2018-Jan 2, 2019
Dec 28, 2018-Jan 2, 2019
FORM+FOCUS - We're returning to our annual retreat in Venice, Italy - but this time to ring in the New Year! This enchanting city is the backdrop of a magical celebration - finding presence in each day and setting intentions for the year to come through daily yoga, creativity workshops, day trips, spas, and gourmet meals.
FORM + FOCUS
This is one of our continued collaborations with Julian Hyzler from EASEL&LENS to combine a look at creative focus with art projects in sketching and "ifonography" (smartphone photography) throughout the week. Yoga and meditation classes will be held daily to prepare our bodies and minds to find the calm in the magic that is Venice - and then these art projects will help us find news ways of seeing - both yoga and art working together to find FOCUS in the many layers of history, water, and beauty of the Venetian landscape. *NO PREVIOUS ART OR YOGA BACKGROUND REQUIRED. All levels are welcome, and participation is voluntary. Projects and classes will be offered as a completely exploratory, non-intimidating and personal experience.
GIVE BACK RETREAT
This retreat is part of our GIVE BACK initiative, where EPM will donate at least 10% of profits to a non-profit partner in the community where each retreat is held. Our partner in Venice is SAVE VENICE, whose mission is to protect the cultural patrimony of the city by raising funds to restore its monuments and works of art. Save Venice also values its educational mission to teach people about the culture and history of Venice.
Come away with us for a week in the magical part of Italy known as Venezia! Venice is a place unlike any other in the world, and to see it is to transport yourself back to the days of Casanova, masked balls, and Carnevale. Oh, but there is so much more to Venice than what the usual tourist visit can offer. Our yoga retreat will allow for a deeper knowledge of Venice, its canals, and neighboring islands. We're so excited to offer this retreat during a unique time to visit this amazing city - as it's out of the main tourist season so you can get a deeper view into the local life, as well as a chance to ring in the NEW YEAR in such a magical and inspiring place.
The retreat will be hosted at the beautiful luxury boutique hotel, Palazzo Vitturi, a Byzantine / Gothic Venetian Palazzo built during late 1200's and adorned by fine neo-classical original frescoes. Feel a timeless atmosphere where you're transported to the old days of glorious Venice, with the original beams, the Murano chandeliers, the typical venetian flooring, the capitals and decors: every detail will give you a flavour of romance and exclusivity to your time in Venice.
Healthful, vegetarian food is part of the retreat experience, including breakfast and dinner daily, and select lunches, either hosted at the villa or out and about in town. Ingredients are local and seasonal, and our meals will be inspired by the Venetian traditions. We will be visiting some of Venice's most historical cafes and restaurants, like Florian, during our visit, as well as smaller local in-the-know osterias and trattorias for more traditional experiences. We'll visit gourmet restaurants around the city and enjoy chef tasting menus - plus a special "cenone" (large dinner) celebration feast on NYE before heading out to see the fireworks and full festivities.
Guests will not only enjoy the hotel property with its traditional decor, but will also have plenty of time to explore the city, the lagoons, canals, and other nearby islands - all with their own personality. An overview visit to Venice will allow guests to get their bearings in the maze of canals, to see the major sites, and even ride the famous gondolas. Another day will be spent seeing Burano, the island of colorful picturesque houses and lace-making, as well as a stop for a tour of one of Venice's only wineries. We'll enjoy a visit to Peggy Guggenheim's museum and other noteworthy sites, and there's also plenty of time to explore on your own as well.
Daily meditation and yoga classes will be offered in a way to relax, stimulate, and help guests grow in their own personal practice. Classes are open to all levels, beginner to practiced, and can range from gentle, restorative, and more vigorous vinyasa flow and ashtanga styles.* Style and class levels will be determined and moulded to fit participating students' needs, and with a small intimate retreat class size, students will be able to get personalized attention and comfortability to deeply explore their practice. Depending on each retreat location, classes will be held in a dedicated indoor yoga space and some also offer outdoor options as well for us to use if the weather is agreeable.
Certified yoga instructor and EPM founder, Erin Lewis, will facilitate the classes, helping each student focus on improving their practice and gaining new insights into their bodies and movements. She's studied various types of yoga disciplines since 1998, concentrating on the Ashtanga discipline since 2008. She received her teacher certification in Florence, Italy and has continued her education with various specialty certifications throughout the years. She now combines powerful movements with more anatomical-based core vinyasa flow and restorative movement in her personal practice and teaching style.
* Participation in classes and activities is optional throughout the retreat. All levels welcome!
DETAILS / PRICING
- 6 days / 5 nights (Dec 28, 2018 - Jan 2, 2019)
- Inclusive Retreat Price = $3,295 (shared room*), +$650 (single room supplement)
- Deposit to hold space = $950
- Max # Guests = 12
* Guests traveling alone can choose the shared room and we match up based on guest profile. Rooms are spacious with separate beds and private bathrooms.
** Final balance due 45 days before retreat start date.
Read full cancellation policy in our Terms & Conditions.
- Hotel accommodation (spacious bedrooms, luxury bathrooms, linens)
- Daily Breakfast and Dinner
- Aperitivo at famous Venetian cafe
- Transportation to/from day trips
- Daily yoga and art classes
- Venice sites + walking tour
- Evening gondola tour
- Boat tour to Burano
- Visit to private island with winery + restaurant
- Spa day with treatments at Luxury Venetian Spa
- New Year's Even celebration + dinner
* airfare not included
** all provided meals are vegetarian, with some seafood options on specific meals. special dietary restrictions can be accommodated
- Walking overview of Venice - (St. Mark's Square, Bascilica/Doge Palace, Bridge of Sighs, Rialto Bridge, Grande Canal, Frari, etc)
- Island boat tour - Burano + winery island
- Venetian Market
- Guggenheim Museum visit
- Gondola ride
- Special NYE evening dinner + event
- Spa day with treatment
* *tentative schedule, activities may be substituted based on weather and seasonability. All activities are carefully chosen based on the best experience for the guests.
- Nearest major airport: Venice Airport "Marco Polo" (VCE)
- Other major airports easily reachable by train: Bologna Aeroporto G. Marconi di Bologna (BLQ), Milano Malpensa Airport (MXP)
- Venice Train Station: Santa Lucia
Besides the basic packing and travel needs, here are a few things to think about bringing with you.
- *YOGA MATS & ART SUPPLIES PROVIDED*
- Bathing suit (spa day)
- Yoga clothes
- Personal yoga props (blocks, straps, etc.)
- Smart phone with camera and/or digital camera
- Plug adaptors / converters