Sept 23-29, 2018
Sept 23-29, 2018
FORM+FLAVORS [LUXURY] - Join us for a FORM+FLAVORS Tuscany retreat in the heart of Italy. We'll explore the highlights of the area in a week filled with daily yoga and a food-focused itinerary in the land of mouth-watering cuisine + wine!
Join us for YOGA + FOOD retreat. We'll not only balance the week with the healthy "form" part of the retreat in daily yoga classes, but also with learning about and experiencing firsthand the amazing flavors of this region. Each day we'll be able to enjoy mouth-watering cuisine, as well as take part in tastings from wine and olive oil, to cheeses, gelato, and of course the Italian espresso. From award-winning restaurants to family farms and kitchens, learning and enjoying the food will be an added bonus to working up an appetite during our classes and walks!
This magnificent yoga retreat will take place in the picturesque Italian countryside, along the border of Tuscany and Umbria at a luxury boutique villa. The 150 year old estate with 19 hectares of woods, olive trees and vineyards invites the guests to immerse themselves in the magical atmosphere of the Tuscan countryside reinterpreted with a touch of modernity. The villa, Poggio Piglia, offers spacious rooms which are elegantly furnished with luxurious bathrooms and panoramic views. All the rooms are beautifully decorated and combine traditional ceilings with wooden beams, oak floors and modem design. The bathrooms are spacious and conceived as a living space with travertine, large showers and jacuzzi with chromotherapy.
Healthful, vegetarian food is part of the retreat experience, including breakfasts and dinners daily, as well as some selected lunches. The cuisine is simple, delicious and Italian, using fresh ingredients from the onsite garden or local market in Chiusi, much of which is organically grown. Dishes may include seasonal tastes like pumpkin risotto, pasta al forno, slow roasted fennel with red onions, salads with wild rocket, pecorino and fresh figs, and more. Selection is seasonal, and you can guarantee to love and appreciate each bite.
Our dinners will include a range from Italian family-style to multi-course tasting menus as well as tastings of the regional specialties throughout the week. We'll experience tastings from where certain local delicacies are produced like vineyards and cheese farms to small family kitchens and traditional trattorie overlooking a bustling piazza. And while on-site we'll dine with the hotel breath-taking scenery overlooking the Tuscan countryside.
Guests will not only enjoy the villa and encompassing estate, but also the richness of the Italian cities in nearby regions. Day trips will allow students to add arts, culture, adventure, and natural beauty to their retreat experience. Trips include visits to small villages, large cities, and outdoor activities, even a day at a beautiful thermal spa where guests will enjoy a treatment through thermal waters and a body treatment with the area's olive oil. See smaller villages that few tourists go, and get a true education and taste of Italy with an olive oil, cheese, and wine tasting.
Besides visiting the lovely town of Chiusi, other nearby villages and the breathtaking city of Siena, a full day will be spent in one of Italy's most spectacular cities, Florence - the home of the Renaissance. Julian and Erin will be your guides around the city, museums, and outlying walks. Enjoy seeing world famous works of art, as well as monuments, one-of-a-kind lookouts, and feeling the modern bustle of this compact city. Enjoy a meal in a unique Florentine restaurant, and even a gelato (or two) during the day!
Daily meditation and yoga classes will be offered in a way to relax, stimulate, and help guests grow in their own personal practice. Classes are open to all levels, beginner to practiced, and can range from gentle, restorative, and more vigorous vinyasa flow and ashtanga styles.* Style and class levels will be determined and moulded to fit participating students' needs, and with a small intimate retreat class size, students will be able to get personalized attention and comfortability to deeply explore their practice. Depending on each retreat location, classes will be held in a dedicated indoor yoga space and some also offer outdoor options as well for us to use if the weather is agreeable.
Certified yoga instructor and EPM founder, Erin Lewis, will facilitate the classes, helping each student focus on improving their practice and gaining new insights into their bodies and movements. She's studied various types of yoga disciplines since 1998, concentrating on the Ashtanga discipline since 2008. She received her teacher certification in Florence, Italy and has continued her education with various specialty certifications throughout the years. She now combines powerful movements with more anatomical-based core vinyasa flow and restorative movement in her personal practice and teaching style.
* Participation in classes and activities is optional throughout the retreat. All levels welcome!
DETAILS / PRICING
- 7 days / 6 nights (Sept 23-29, 2018)
- Inclusive Retreat Price = $2,795 base price
- 10 rooms total
- 5 shared rooms* with 2 beds: one large bed (base price/person), one single bed (-$150 discount) NOTE: Couples can also book this room and use the large bed.
- 5 single rooms available (+$750 single supplement)
- Deposit to hold space = $950
- Max # Guests = 16
* Guests traveling alone can choose the shared room and we match up based on guest profile. Rooms are spacious with separate beds and private bathrooms.
** Final balance due 45 days before retreat start date.
Read full cancellation policy in our Terms & Conditions.
- Villa accommodation (spacious bedrooms each with private bathrooms, linens)
- Daily Breakfast at villa
- Select lunches and dinner on day-trips or villa
- Group airport transfer
- Transportation to/from day trips
- Meditation and yoga classes
- Use of estate premises
- Tour guide on various day trips
- Cheese, Olive Oil, and Wine Tasting
- Thermal Spa day with olive oil treatment experience
- Day visit to Florence, entrance fees, meal, guides
- Day trip to Siena
- Afternoon in Pienza
- Visit to local Etruscan town of Chiusi with tour, pizza lunch, and Italian espresso demo
- Farm visit with cheese tour and tasting lunch
- Cooking class
- Use of yoga mats
- Tips & taxes
* airfare not included ** all meals are vegetarian. special dietary restrictions can be accommodated
- Florence (enjoy a full day in the Renaissance City with works of art, famous lookouts, special Florentine meal, and more)
- Luxury Thermal Spa Day (healthful visit to a Tuscan thermal spa with 'olive oil' body treatments and thermal circuit)
- Countryside tour (various village visits, historic museums and churches)
- Tuscan Tasting Tour (explore the special nuances to different cheeses and oils in the Italian diet)
- Siena (explore this Medieval city with a guided visit and free time to explore)
- Countryside on border of Tuscany and Umbria
- Nearest town: Chiusi, Tuscany
- Nearest major airports: Leonardo da Vinci-Fiumicino Airport (FCO - Rome), Galileo Galilei Airpot (PSA - Pisa)
- Nearest local airports: Sant'Egidio Airport (PEG - Perugia), Florence Amerigo Vespucci Airport (FLR - Florence)
- Nearest train station: Chiusi-Chianciano Terme
- One group transfer will be provided on start and end days of the retreat from Rome Airport (FCO)
Besides the basic packing and travel needs, here are a few things to think about bringing with you.
- Bathing suit (on-site pool, thermal spa)
- Comfortable shoes (walking tours)
- Yoga clothes
- Personal yoga props (mats and straps will be provided, but if you have a prop you prefer, feel free to bring it along)
- Plug adaptors / converters