Feb 25-Mar 3, 2018
Feb 25-Mar 3, 2018
LUXURY RETREAT - Join us in magical Marrakesh as we explore the Luxurious side of Morocco. Luxe spas, daytrips, and wellness awaits!
GIVE BACK RETREAT
This retreat is part of our GIVE BACK initiative, where EPM will donate at least 10% of profits to a humanitarian partner in the community where each retreat is held. Our partner in Marrakesh is PROJECT SOAR who works with underprivileged communities and young women to empower with design, clean-up projects, and creative ventures.
This fantastic yoga retreat will take place at the fabulous Peacock Pavilions boutique hotel. Located in Marrakesh on 8.5 acres of land, including 5 acres of olive grove, this stylish and eco-friendly abode has been featured in worldwide publications, including National Geographic Traveler, Elle Decor, Travel+Leisure and more.
Breathtakingly beautiful and luxuriously designed, the living quarters where guests will stay during the retreat features gorgeous fireplaces and a glamorous bathrooms in each room. Each bedroom also has its own private terrace - "just the right place to enjoy a minty tea or a zingy cocktail"!
The entire pavilion property has been decorated with care and "loaded with art, special fabrics, and exotic good stuff from all around the world...A swanky place to relax, the salon/great room has a stunning lacy plasterwork that took weeks to complete. There is also seating and dining areas for intimate discussions and cozy meals. A spiral staircase leads to a catwalk high in the air, where you can sit on vintage embroideries and admire the view." Not only is this place gorgeous, but it's also eco-friendly. Observing "green" building and gardening techniques, you'll feel good about the organic bounty served to your plate, and the hot water you use heated by the solar panels! Spend some free time at the lovely, inviting pool and patio, or join us for a henna and cocktail party in the painted tent, or perhaps an outdoor cinema night on the lawn.
Peacock Pavilions is owned by Maryam and her husband Chris, both recently featured on HGTV's House Hunters International. Chris is an architect, and Maryam a freelance photographer, travel and lifestyle writer, and the author of the award winning blog, My Marrakesh and book, Marrakesh By Design. Both make a perfect team in putting this amazing estate together.
Healthful, vegetarian food is part of the retreat experience, including daily breakfast at the hotel, plus most lunches and dinners either hosted at Peacock Pavilions or out and about in town. The cuisine is simple, delicious and Moroccan-inspired, using fresh ingredients from the on-site organic gardens or local markets. Selection may include tempting dishes and libations like stuffed dates, almond couscous, vegetable terrine, avocado dip, leek tarts, mint tea, fresh fruit dishes, and of course some special sweet treats. Selection is seasonal, and you can guarantee to love and appreciate each bite.
Plus, on this luxury retreat there is even a meal at Sir Richard Branson's luxury retreat in the Atlas Mountains complete with a cooking demo and chef's tasting menu with wine pairing. Plus, enjoy a proper gourmet lunch at the famous historic and uber-luxurious La Mamounia in Marrakesh.
Guests will not only enjoy the grounds of Peacock Pavilions, the outdoor areas including a lovely pool, patio, private terraces, and covered yoga platform, but the retreat includes some amazing day-trips to the surrounding sites. A guided shopping day in Marrakesh will lead guests through an introduction to souks and there's a chance to visit the new Yves St. Laurent Museum next to the Majorelle Gardens, where guests will find another assortment of fashionable boutiques.
A full day will be spent exploring the nearby Atlas Mountains with a base at Sir Richard Branson's Kasbah Tamadot Retreat with a cooking demo, traditional mule trek to the nearby village of Asni followed by time at the beautiful grounds of this 5-star location overlooking the vistas with a tasting menu lunch. An afternoon will be spent at the luxurious La Mamounia Hotel in Marrakesh enjoying the pools and an lunch at one of their starred restaurants. The final full day entails a trip to the famous Bains de Marrakesh, a luxurious spa facility, where guests can be pampered to their heart's content with a full program of various treatments. What better way to wrap up a week of yoga than a day of pure relaxation.
Daily meditation and yoga classes will be offered in a way to relax, stimulate, and help guests grow in their own personal practice. Classes are open to all levels, beginner to practiced, and can range from gentle, restorative, and more vigorous vinyasa flow and ashtanga styles.* Style and class levels will be determined and moulded to fit participating students' needs, and with a small intimate retreat class size, students will be able to get personalized attention and comfortability to deeply explore their practice. Depending on each retreat location, classes will be held in a dedicated indoor yoga space and some also offer outdoor options as well for us to use if the weather is agreeable.
Certified yoga instructor and EPM founder, Erin Lewis, will facilitate the classes, helping each student focus on improving their practice and gaining new insights into their bodies and movements. She's studied various types of yoga disciplines since 1998, concentrating on the Ashtanga discipline since 2008. She received her teacher certification in Florence, Italy and has continued her education with various specialty certifications throughout the years. She now combines powerful movements with more anatomical-based core vinyasa flow and restorative movement in her personal practice and teaching style.
- * Participation in classes and activities is optional throughout the retreat. All levels welcome!
DETAILS / PRICING
- 7 days / 6 nights (Feb 18 - Mar 3, 2018)
- Inclusive Retreat Price = $2,895 (shared room*), $3,545 (single room)
- Deposit to hold space = $950
- Max # Guests = 12
* Guests traveling alone can choose the shared room and we match up based on guest profile. Rooms are spacious with separate beds and private bathrooms.
** Final balance due 45 days before retreat start date.
Read full cancellation policy in our Terms & Conditions.
- Villa accommodation (spacious bedrooms each with private bathrooms, linens)
- Daily Breakfast at Peacock Pavilions
- Selected Dinners at Peacock Pavilions or in town
- Selected Lunches at Peacock Pavilions or on day trips
- Spa pass to pools at La Mamounia, walking meditation in gardens, gourmet Lunch
- Cooking Demo, Tasting Menu + Wine Pairing at Sir Richard Branson's Atlas Mountains retreat, Kasbah Tamadot
- Airport Transfers from RAK
- Transportation to/from day trips
- Visit to Yves St. Laurent museum
- Daily meditation and yoga classes (mats provided)
- Use of estate premises (terraces, pool, etc.)
- Tour guide on various day trips
- Welcome Reception
- Henna Party
- Farewell Dinner Party
- Mule trek in Atlas Mountains
- Spa Treatment at Le Bains de Marrakesh
- Entrance fees to sites in Marrakesh
* airfare not included ** all meals are vegetarian. special dietary restrictions can be accommodated
- Guided Shopping Tour of the souks of Marrakesh
- Visit to La Mamounia for afternoon at their gardens and pools with gourmet lunch
- Visit to Atlas Mountains and Kasbah Tamadot Retreat (mule trek, cooking demo, chef's tasting menu + wine pairing)
- Afternoon at Yves St Laurent Museum
- Le Bains de Marrakesh Spa Day
*activities may change based on weather or unforeseen circumstances
13km outside the old city (Medina) of Marrakesh Nearest airports: Marrakesh Menara Airport (RAK) Nearest train station: Marrakesh Transfers between airport or train station and villa will be provided. After signing up, we will guide guests on best options for flights and travel to Marrakesh.
Besides the basic packing and travel needs, here are a few things to think about bringing with you.
- Yoga mats and some props such as blocks & straps are provided
- Any personal yoga prop you require
- Bathing suit (on-site pool, spa)
- Layers of clothing for weather changes
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Plug adaptors / converters