September 21 - 27, 2014
GIVE BACK RETREAT
This retreat is part of our GIVE BACK initiative, where EPM will donate at least 10% of profits to a humanitarian partner in the community where each retreat is held. Our partner in Marrakesh is PROJECT SOAR who works with underprivileged communities and young women to empower with design, clean-up projects, and creative ventures.
This fantastic yoga retreat will take place at the fabulous Peacock Pavilions boutique hotel. Located in Marrakesh on 8.5 acres of land, including 5 acres of olive grove, this stylish and eco-friendly abode has been featured in worldwide publications, including National Geographic Traveler.
Breathtakingly beautiful and luxuriously designed, the living quarters where guests will stay during the retreat features gorgeous fireplaces and a glamorous bathrooms in each room. Each bedroom also has its own private terrace - "just the right place to enjoy a minty tea or a zingy cocktail"!
The entire pavilion property has been decorated with care and "loaded with art, special fabrics, and exotic good stuff from all around the world...A swanky place to relax, the salon/great room has a stunning lacy plasterwork that took weeks to complete. There is also seating and dining areas for intimate discussions and cozy meals. A spiral staircase leads to a catwalk high in the air, where you can sit on vintage embroideries and admire the view." Not only is this place gorgeous, but it's also eco-friendly. Observing "green" building and gardening techniques, you'll feel good about the organic bounty served to your plate, and the hot water you use heated by the solar panels! Spend some free time at the lovely, inviting pool and patio, or join us for a henna and cocktail party in the painted tent, or perhaps an outdoor cinema night on the lawn.
Peacock Pavilions is owned by Maryam and her husband Chris, both recently featured on HGTV's House Hunters International. Chris is an architect, and Maryam a freelance photographer, travel and lifestyle writer, and the author of the award winning blog, My Marrakesh. Both make a perfect team in putting this amazing estate together.
Healthful, vegetarian food is part of the retreat experience, including breakfast, lunch, and dinner daily either hosted at Peacock Pavilions or out and about in town. Some even come with a side dish of belly-dancing! Plus, there is a wine-tasting, a cocktail reception, and even a meal on the Moroccan seaside. The cuisine is simple, delicious and Moroccan, using fresh ingredients from the on-site organic gardens or local markets. Selection may include tempting dishes and libations like stuffed dates, almond couscous, vegetable terrine, avocado dip, leek tarts, mint tea, pomegranate martini, rose water, and more. Selection is seasonal, and you can guarantee to love and appreciate each bite.
Guests will not only enjoy the grounds of Peacock Pavilions, the outdoor areas including a lovely pool, patio, private terraces, and covered yoga platform, but the retreat includes some amazing day-trips to the surrounding sites. A guided day in Marrakesh will lead guests through an introduction to Souks and visits to sites such as Jardin Majorelle and Ben Youssef Medrasa.
A full day will be spent exploring the beach town of Essaouria with time to relax in the markets, along the shore, and enjoy camel rides on the shore. The final full day entails a trip to the famous Bains de Marrakesh, a luxurious spa facility, where guests can be pampered to their heart's content (one treatment is included in retreat cost). What better way to wrap up a week of yoga than a day of pure relaxation.
Daily meditation and yoga classes will be offered in a way to relax, stimulate, and help guests grow in their own personal practice. Classes are open to all levels, beginner to practiced, and can range from gentle, restorative, and more vigorous vinyasa flow and ashtanga styles.* Style and class levels will be determined and moulded to fit participating students' needs, and with a small intimate retreat class size, students will be able to get personalized attention and comfortability to deeply explore their practice. Depending on each retreat location, classes will be held in a dedicated indoor yoga space and some also offer outdoor options as well for us to use if the weather is agreeable.
Certified yoga instructor and EPM founder, Erin Lewis, will facilitate the classes, helping each student focus on improving their practice and gaining new insights into their bodies and movements. She's studied various types of yoga disciplines since 1998, concentrating on the Ashtanga discipline since 2008. She received her teacher certification in Florence, Italy and has continued her education with various specialty certifications throughout the years. She now combines powerful movements with more anatomical-based core vinyasa flow and restorative movement in her personal practice and teaching style.* Participation in classes and activities is optional throughout the retreat. All levels welcome!
details / pricing
- 7 days / 6 nights (September 21 - 27, 2014)
- Inclusive Retreat Price = $2,395
- Deposit to hold space = $950
- Max # Guests = 10
- * Prices based on shared occupancy. Single supplement available upon request.
- ** Final balance due 45 days before retreat start date. Read full cancellation policy in our Terms & Conditions.
- Villa accommodation (spacious bedrooms each with private bathrooms, linens)
- Daily Breakfast at Peacock Pavilions
- Select Lunches at Peacock Pavilions
- Daily Dinner at Peacock Pavilions or in town (including belly-dancing show one evening)
- Beverages - including wine, cocktails
- Airport Transfers
- Transportation to/from day trips
- Daily meditation and yoga classes (mats provided)
- Use of estate premises (terraces, pool, etc.)
- Tour guide on various day trips
- Welcome Reception
- Henna & Cocktail Party
- Farewell Dinner Party
- Wine Tasting
- Camel ride in seaside town of Essaouria
- Spa Treatment at Le Bains de Marrakesh
- Entrance fees to sites in Marrakesh
* airfare not included ** all meals are vegetarian. special dietary restrictions can be accommodated
- Guided Tour of Marrakesh (Introduction to souks, and sites that can include Bahia Palace, Saadian Tombs, Ben Yossef)
- Full day in Essaouria (camel rides, village guide, hiking, etc)
- Visit to Majorelle Gardens and new city of Gueliz
- Free afternoon in town (visit markets, the Medina, etc) and dinner in the square
- Spa Day with treatments at Le Bains de Marrakesh
Guests will plan to arrive at Marrakesh Menara Airport (RAK) and transfers will be arranged and provided If arriving to Casablanca Airport (CMN), we can help with a private transfer (not provided), or a pickup from the Marrakesh train station can be arranged for those arriving from Casablanca to Marrakesh in this manner.
Besides the basic packing and travel needs, here are a few things to think about bringing with you.
- Yoga mats and some props such as blocks provided
- Any personal yoga prop you require
- Bathing suit (on-site pool, spa)
- Layers of clothing for weather changes
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Plug adaptors / converters