AMALFI COAST, ITALY
May 6-13, 2017
AMALFI COAST, ITALY
May 6-13, 2017
PRIVATELY BOOKED! Spend a week in the show-stopping Amalfi Coast at a private pool villa overlooking the sea! A full week filled with outdoor fun, spa day, wine tasting, site seeing, daily yoga, and plenty of amazing cuisine.
Our home for the week will be an amazing private villa in the beautiful town of Praiano. The villa blends perfectly with the natural surroundings, the house is a true Amalfi style building: all white with arched windows and columns, perfect expansive sea-view and heated pool. From the pool terrace there are incredible views of the sea, the coast and the islands of Li Galli. Plenty of sun loungers, citrus trees, and a short walk to the beach, our home for the week will make you want to stay much longer.
Praiano is one of the favored towns on the Amalfi coast for it's location and proximity to the more popular tourist-destinations of Positano and Amalfi, but without the bustling crowds. Flanked on both ends by some of the coast's most amazing coves, this town is the perfect place to retreat!
Healthful, vegetarian food is part of the retreat experience, including breakfast and dinner daily, as well as selected lunches. We've carefully chosen delicious and fresh meals from renowned restaurants and chefs which will give guests an expansive experience of the cuisine. Our dinners will include a few multi-course tasting menus as well as tastings of the regional specialties throughout the week, as well as a visit to a Michelin-starred restaurant as well as local trattoria. While on-site we'll dine in the villa's dining room or outside sea-view terrace.
Our day trips will allow us to experience the many unique landscapes and activities that this area has to offer. We will begin our week with a stop at Herculaneum (Pompeii's more in-tact neighbor) and a wine-tasting lunch on the hillside of Mt. Vesuvius before settling in at our villa. The rest of the days will be filled with time to relax by the private pool, and nearby beach, as well as a hike on the Sentiero degli Dei, one of Amalfi's most famous paths on our way to Positano for a lunch and boatride back to town to see the coast from the sea. We'll take a daytrip by private boat to the nearby island of Capri to see the Blue Grotto and the chic sites of this beautiful "blue island". A day will be spent exploring down the coast in Amalfi and Ravello with a sunset dinner overlooking the coast on this hillside town. We'll see the famous Villa Cimbrone and its gardens and dine at the Michelin-starred restaurant. We'll have time to get to know the grottos and cove beaches in Praiano as well, also enjoying a cooking class and spa day before we depart!
Daily meditation and yoga classes will be offered in a way to relax, stimulate, and help guests grow in their own personal practice. Classes are open to all levels, beginner to practiced, and can range from gentle, restorative, and more vigorous vinyasa flow and ashtanga styles.* Style and class levels will be determined and moulded to fit participating students' needs, and with a small intimate retreat class size, students will be able to get personalized attention and comfortability to deeply explore their practice. Depending on each retreat location, classes will be held in a dedicated indoor yoga space and some also offer outdoor options as well for us to use if the weather is agreeable.
Certified yoga instructor and EPM founder, Erin Lewis, will facilitate the classes, helping each student focus on improving their practice and gaining new insights into their bodies and movements. She's studied various types of yoga disciplines since 1998, concentrating on the Ashtanga discipline since 2008. She received her teacher certification in Florence, Italy and has continued her education with various specialty certifications throughout the years. She now combines powerful movements with more anatomical-based core vinyasa flow and restorative movement in her personal practice and teaching style.
- * Participation in classes and activities is optional throughout the retreat. All levels welcome!
DETAILS / PRICING
- 8 days / 7 nights (May 6-13, 2017)
- Inclusive Retreat Price = PRIVATE BOOK-OUT
- Hotel accommodation (spacious bedrooms each with private bathrooms, linens)
- Daily Breakfast and Dinner
- Selected Lunches and Prosecco Brunch
- Airport Transfers
- Transportation to/from day trips
- Daily meditation and yoga classes
- Use of hotel amenities (pools, relax rooms, etc.)
- Tasting menu dinner + wine pairings
- Regional Tasting Tours - olive farm, cheese, winery
- Winery visit + lunch
- HIke the "Path of the Gods" to Positano and return boat ride
- Evening in Ravello with a villa visit and 5-star meal
- Spa day + treatments
* airfare not included
** all meals are vegetarian. special dietary restrictions can be accommodated
- Herculaneum guided tour
- Winery visit with tasting and lunch at Mt. Vesuvius
- Beach day and visit in Praiano
- Hike to Positano with lunch by boat
- Daytrip to Capri and visit to Blue Grotto
- Day in Amalfi with site-seeing
- Villa Cimbrone visit in Ravello with Michilin-starred dinner
- On-site cooking class
- Spa day
- Located next to Positano and nearby Sorrento, Praiano is a convenient drive from Naples airport or train station
- AIRPORTS: Naples International Airport (NAP), Rome Fiumicino Airport (FCO)
- Airport transfers provided from Naples. Rome is an easy train ride to Naples and details/recommendations will be provided.
Besides the basic packing and travel needs, here are a few things to think about bringing with you.
- Bathing suit (on-site pool, beaches, spa day)
- Yoga clothes
- Personal yoga props (blocks, straps, etc.)
- Plug adaptors / converters
- Comfortable walking shoes