AMALFI COAST, ITALY
May 19-25, 2019
AMALFI COAST, ITALY
May 19-25, 2019
FORM+FLAVORS - Spend a week in the show-stopping Amalfi Coast overlooking the sea! A week filled with daily yoga, outdoor fun, plus a food-focused itinerary in the land of mouth-watering cuisine + wine!
Join us for our newest addition of a YOGA + FOOD retreat. "FORM" - Besides a daily yoga class (and on this Amalfi retreat, it will be a class overlooking the sea!), we will also enjoy many walks/hikes around the breathtaking scenery on the Amalfi Coast, as well as a day walking one of Italy's most renowned scenic hikes, the "Sentiero degli Dei" and several other lesser known paths in the area. A meditation walk will be included in the week as well. "FLAVORS" - We'll not only balance the week with the healthy "form" part of the retreat, but also with learning about and experiencing firsthand the amazing flavors of this region. Each day we'll be able to enjoy mouth-watering cuisine, as well as take part in tastings from wine and olive oil, to cheeses, pastries, and lemons. From award-winning restaurants to family farms and kitchens, learning and enjoying the food will be an added bonus to working up an appetite during our classes and walks!
Our home for the week will be an amazing hotel in the beautiful town of Praiano. The hotel boasts a wonderful terrace with a panoramic view, equipped with a swimming pool and a restaurant, at the tables of which you will be able to taste the delicacies of the cuisine surrounded by the intense colours of the hills and the sea. From the pool terrace there are incredible views of the sea, the coast and the islands of Li Galli. Plenty of sun loungers, citrus trees, and a short walk to the beach, our home for the week will make you want to stay much longer. All rooms have a balcony, overlooking the sea or the garden, with classic Amalfi décor, traditional furniture and majolica tiles.
Praiano is one of the favored towns on the Amalfi coast for it's location and proximity to the more popular tourist-destinations of Positano and Amalfi, but without the bustling crowds. Flanked on both ends by some of the coast's most amazing coves, this town is the perfect place to retreat!
Our day trips will allow us to experience the many unique landscapes and activities that this area has to offer. We will begin our week with a lemon tour + cooking class, as well as a tasting of the region's famous mozzarella - both while visiting the famous nearby towns of Ravello and Amalfi. We'll take a daytrip by private boat to the nearby island of Capri to see the chic sites of this beautiful "blue island" and visit a winery with a tour and tasting of the wines that hail from this region. Others days will be filled with time to relax by the private pool and nearby beach, as well as a hike on the Sentiero degli Dei, one of Amalfi's most famous paths on our way to Positano for a lunch. We'll end the week with a day at a 5* spa being pampered with treatments and time to relax before ending the week with another scrumptious meal.
Healthful, vegetarian food is part of the retreat experience, including breakfast and dinner daily, as well as selected lunches. We've carefully chosen delicious and fresh meals from renowned restaurants and chefs which will give guests an expansive experience of the cuisine. Our dinners will include a few multi-course tasting menus as well as tastings of the regional specialties throughout the week. We'll experience tastings from where certain local delicacies are produced, like rocky vineyards and small family kitchens. And while on-site we'll dine in the hotel's dining room or outside sea-view terrace.
A daily meditation and yoga class will be offered at the start of the day in a way to relax, stimulate, and help guests grow in their own personal practice. Classes are open to all levels, beginner to practiced, and can range from gentle, restorative, and more vigorous vinyasa flow and ashtanga styles.* Style and class levels will be determined and moulded to fit participating students' needs, and with a small intimate retreat class size, students will be able to get personalized attention and comfortability to deeply explore their practice. On this FORM+FLAVORS retreat, the other time of the day we'll enjoy various walks around the area, and focus on classes and experiences to learn about the region and the cuisine/wine - this combines with the asana practice to deepen our mindful experience during the week in a balanced way.
Certified yoga instructor and EPM founder, Erin Lewis, will facilitate the classes, helping each student focus on improving their practice and gaining new insights into their bodies and movements. She's studied various types of yoga disciplines since 1998, concentrating on the Ashtanga discipline since 2008. She received her teacher certification in Florence, Italy and has continued her education with various specialty certifications throughout the years. She now combines powerful movements with more anatomical-based core vinyasa flow and restorative movement in her personal practice and teaching style.
* Participation in classes and activities is optional throughout the retreat. All levels welcome!
DETAILS / PRICING
- 7 days / 6 nights (May 19-25, 2019)
- Inclusive Retreat Price = $3,195 (shared room*), +$650 (single room supplement)
- Deposit to hold space = $950
- Max # Guests = 12
Many of our guests come alone and we match up based on guest profile
** Final balance due 45 days before retreat start date.
Read full cancellation policy in our Terms & Conditions.
- Hotel accommodation (spacious bedrooms each with private bathrooms, linens)
- Daily Breakfast and Dinner
- Selected Lunches
- Transportation to/from day trips
- Daily meditation and yoga class
- Use of hotel amenities (pools, relax rooms, etc.)
- Tasting menu dinner + wine pairings
- Regional Tasting Tours - cheese, winery, lemon farm
- Winery visit + tasting lunch
- HIke the "Path of the Gods" to Positano
- Private Coastal boat trip
- Day in Positano + 5* Aperitivo
- Pizza class/demo
- "Gastro trekking" + lunch
- Group transfer from Naples on start/end days of retreat
- 5* Spa day + treatment
* airfare not included
** all meals are vegetarian. special dietary restrictions can be accommodated
- Amalfi Lemon Farm visit + aperitivo
- Visit to Ravello
- Winery visit + tour + tasting lunch
- Private coastal boat tour
- Visit to Positano
- Beach day and visit in Praiano
- Hike "Sentieri degli Dei" with gastrotrek + cooking class
- 5* spa day and treatment
- Located next to Positano and nearby Sorrento, Praiano is a convenient drive from Naples airport or train station
- AIRPORTS: Naples International Airport (NAP), Rome Fiumicino Airport (FCO)
- Group transfer provided from Naples on start/end day of the retreat. Rome is an easy train ride to Naples and details/recommendations will be provided.
Besides the basic packing and travel needs, here are a few things to think about bringing with you.
- Bathing suit (on-site pool, beaches)
- Yoga clothes
- Personal yoga props (blocks, straps, etc.)
- Plug adaptors / converters
- Comfortable walking shoes